Fighting for the issues important to South Texas families.
Vicente Gonzalez is fighting to take our South Texas values to Congress — ensuring we stand by our promise to veterans, protect the benefits and healthcare of seniors, and continue to build our economy, from the new medical school to growing engineering programs, ensuring that jobs and opportunities are there for all with the ganas to work.
Learn more about Vicente’s vision for South Texas and key national policies he will fight for as our Congressman.
Click each issue to learn more.
Medicare & Social Security
A promise made should be a promise kept. Strengthening and protecting Social Security and Medicare for our seniors is a promise we must keep.
- Expand social security to keep up with inflation and cost of living adjustments.
- Strengthen and improve Medicare.
- Oppose Republican efforts to cut funding and oppose privatization of these safety nets.
Education is our society’s greatest equalizer. I will fight for the education our children need to get ahead.
- Fully fund pre-kindergarten and local Head Start programs.
- Help our college students graduate debt free.
- Support the new medical school at UTRGV and expanding engineering programs.
Jobs and Standing Up for South Texas
I will fight for good paying jobs to build our local economies and grow the middle class.
- Support the creation of quality higher wage jobs.
- Strengthen trade ties along the Texas-Mexico border.
- Invest today for the infrastructure we need tomorrow (roads, water, power grid.)
- Cut bureaucratic red-tape that burdens small business owners and job-creators.
- Fight against harmful political rhetoric that casts negative stereotypes on our community hurting our local economy.
Veterans fought for us, its our duty to fight for them. It’s time to stop the excuses and fulfill our promise to all who have worn our nation’s uniform.
- Fight to create a full-service VA hospital in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Ensure our heroes have quality jobs when they transition to our civilian workforce.
- Increase funding for mental health services and quality health care.
Keeping America Safe
America is the land of the free and home of the brave. I support a strong Military and local first responders that keep our country and families safe.
- Increase investments and resources for local law enforcement and first responders.
- Combat criminal elements crossing the border with smart and thoughtful border security.
- Maintain a strong military to remain the leading force for global defense and protection.
- Increase investment in national security and counterterrorism efforts, while safe-guarding our civil rights and liberties.
Increasing Access & Affordability of Healthcare
Healthcare should be treated as a basic human right.
- Strengthen and improve the Affordable Care Act.
- Expand Medicaid.
- Increase Medicaid reimbursements for our family doctors.
- Support extension of the 1115 Healthcare Transformation Waiver.
- Lower prescription drug prices.
Standing Up For Women & Families
I will fight for the women in our families because when we stand-up for and take care of the women in our families, the whole family is stronger.
- Support equal pay for equal work for women.
- Support paid family and maternity leave.
- Increase funding for critical health care and family planning services for women.
- Support passage of a living wage.
We need to fix our broken immigration system with common-sense and compassionate reform that doesn’t tear families apart.
- Support compassionate immigration reform with a pathway to earned citizenship.
- Support passage of the federal DREAM Act.
- Support the policies of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).